Friday, November 13, 2009

Organization of My Craft Space

I just realized that in my August 19th post titled My Craft Space - Before and After, I said I would post pictures once I got all my craft products put away and organized.

I finished organizing everything a few weeks ago and what really got me started was organizing my card stock into basic colors. I used to spend so much time looking through my cs for colors it was getting frustrating for me. Now I can find the colors I want very easily.

This is my general work space with the craft table and all my inks, ribbons, pens, buttons, etc. are on my craft table. I really like the way it turned out and think I used the space wisely.

Here is a close up of the area with Tim Holtz Distress Inks, powders and crackle paint. I got the little pails you can see on the right hand side at Target for $1.00. I have the green Jingle Bell gift bag visible to remind myself to make a few this year instead of buying them. It adds another personal touch to gifts and is really quite simple once you look at how it's constructed.

When I was looking through all my craft stuff and deciding what I wanted to keep and give away, I came across a label maker. I went to town using it as you'll see in the pictures below.

The square pink apple container is also from Target for $1.00 and I used it for my embossing powders. The small pails and square containers are great for pens, embellishments and other small craft things you want to keep within reach. And the price is right!

The only thing I bought was the 3 drawer cart which holds my ribbons, punches and craft accessories. Of course I labeled the drawers, that label maker was fun to use, who knew.

All the stamps I've kept here with me in the cottage are stored in plastic bins. The rest are in storage. This is the first time ever I've organized my craft space and it makes me wonder why I never did it before. I've done it now and am very very happy with it :o)

Now it's time to continue stamping holiday cards.

2 comments:

  1. Your space looks awesome Kristen! I really REALLY need to do mine, especially now with a kitty. With him getting into everything it's more of an incentive to at least get it out of the diningroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kay :o) Do you have a dedicated craft space? Apparently cats love to help us craft. Luna likes to help too when I'm crafting, she LOVES embellishments!

    ReplyDelete